Dr. Wu received his B.S. degree in chemistry and M.S. degree in inorganic chemistry from Liaoning University in 2004 and 2007, respectively, and Ph.D. degree in materials science fromInstitute of Metal Research (IMR), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)in 2011. Then he worked as a postdoctor atMax-Planck Institute for Polymer Researchin Germany from 2011 to 2015. Since June 2015, he joined DICP,CAS, and became a full Professor and group leader of2D Materials & Energy Devices. In January 2018, he was promoted to be a DICP Chair Professor.
His current scientific interests include graphene, two-dimensional nanomaterials, and advanced nanomaterials for energy and environmental applications, including supercapacitors (e.g., electric double layer capacitors, pseudocapacitors, lithium ion capacitors, asymmetric supercapacitors, hybrid supercapacitors), micro-supercapacitors, integrated micro-supercapacitors, planar supercapacitors, lithium ion batteries, Li-S/O2 batteries, Na/K/Al based batteries, all-solid-state batteries, flexible/microscacle and stretchable energy storage devices, and catalysis (e.g., ORR, OER, HER, CO2 reduction). He has published 100 peer-reviewed papers (IF>10, 57 papers) inEnergy Environ. Sci., Nat. Commun., Adv. Mater., J. Am. Chem. Soc., ACS Nano, Adv. Funct. Mater., Adv. Energy Mater., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Nano Energy, Energy Storage Mater., Chem. Mater., Natl Sci. Rev., Adv. Sci. etc, which have been cited more than 19000 times with Web of Science (> 22000 times byGoogle Scholar), average citations per item is >200 times, H-index=43. 24 papers are currently ESI "Highly Cited Paper". There are 16 papers that have each been cited >450 times, as well as 6 papers with each individually cited >1000 times. And the highest cited paper has a citation of >1800 times, selected as "Top 10 Highly-Cited Paper in China" over the past ten years (2006-2016). Additionally, he has authored 2 book chapters, 30+ CN and EU patents, and presented more than 50+ Plenary, Keynote, Invited, and Oral talks.
Data from Web of Science in July 1, 2019
Dr.Wu is a recipient of theNational Natural Science Award (2nd class, 2017),Liaoning Provincial Science and Technology Award (1st class, 2015), IOP Outstanding Reviewer Award 2016, Liaoning "BaiQianWan Talents Program" - Qian Talents Level (2016), Energy Storage Materials_Excellent Reviewer Award 2016, "2015 Best Paper" Award in the journal National Science Review (2016), Excellence in Review Award for service to the journal Carbon in 2013/2014, Distinguished Winner of the Carbon Journal Prize (2013), the Prize of Excellent Ph.D. Thesis of CAS (2012), the Special Prize of President Scholarship for Postgraduate Students of CAS (2011).
Dr.Wu is a member of National Technical Committee 279 on Nanotechnology of Standardization Administration of China, Member of CIGIU International Standardization Technical Committee, member of Technology Committee for Inner Mongolia Institute of Graphene Materials, member of Engineering Technology Committee for Guangdong Engineering Technology Research Center of Low-Carbon and Advanced Energy Materials (2016).
Dr.Wu is currently severing as guest editors and editorial board ofJournal of Energy Chemistry (JEC) andChinese Chemical Letters(CCL), guest editor ofEnergy Storage Materials(EnSM), and corresponding expert (Clean Energy) of journalEngineering, International Advisory Board ofMaterials Research Express(MRX), Editorial Board of JPhys Energy- IOP Publishing.
He is frequently invited as Expert Reviewer or Adjudicative Reviewer for refereeing more than 600 manuscripts from 60+ high-profile peer-reviewed scientific journals, including Chem. Rev., Chem. Soc. Rev., Prog Energy Combust Sci., Energy Environ. Sci., Adv. Mater., J. Am. Chem. Soc.,Nature Commun., ACS Nano, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed, Adv. Energy Mater., Adv. Funct. Mater., Energy Storage Mater., Nano Energy, Mater. Horiz., 2D Materials, Sci. Rep., Small, Chem. Mater., Carbon, Chem. Commun., J. Mater. Chem. A, ChemSusChem, Nanoscale, Nano Res., ACS Appl. Mat. Interfaces, J. Phys. Chem., RSC Adv., Electrochem. Acta, New J. Chem., Science Bulletin, Adv. Mater. Interfaces, Mater. Res. Express, Frontiers in Energy,npj2D Materials and Applications, Adv. Mater. Technology, Applied Energy, J. Energy Chem., SCIENCE CHINA Mater., Chem. Eng.J., Appl. Surf. Sci., Chin. Chem. Lett., J. Inorg. Mater., Inorg. Chem. Front., Chinese Physics B, J. Porous Mater., Micro & Nano Lett., J. Mater. Res., ACS Omega, ACS Appl. Nano Mater., Appl. Mater. Today, ACS Appl. Energy Mater., Mater. Today Energy, Ceramics International, Joule, IONICS, J. Power Sources, Journal of Materiomics, Graphene Technology, Nanoscale Horizons, Materials, J. Alloy. Compd., Sustain. Energ. Fuels, ChemElectroChem, Acta. Phys. Chim. Sin, ChemElectroChem, Chem. Phys. Lett., Engineering, InfoMat, J. Energy Storage,Science China Technological Sciences.
Honors and Duties
· The Recipient of Dalian Municipal Government Special Allowance in 2018 (25.10.2019)
· The Recipient of The 2019 Highly Cited Researchers in Materials Science (Clarivate Analytics)
· Global Peer Review Awards 2019 -Top 1% in Field(Step. 17, 2019)
· “Excellent” in the final review of theCAS Hundred Talents Programin 2019 (June 12, 2019)
· Editorial Board of Energy Storage Materials (CiteScore: 13.31, 2019.04-)
· Guest Editor of Energy Storage Materials(VSI: Flexible Energy Storage, 2019.04-)
· Science Bulletin2018 Best Paper Award(Jan 2019)
· "Talent Project of Revitalizing Liaoning" -Young Top-notch Talent (2018.12-)
· Liaoning "BaiQianWan Talents Program" - Bai Talents Level (2018)
· Distinguished Expert of Provincial Federation Returned Overseas Chinese of Liaoning (2018.09-) .
· Member of the Academic Committee of Shaanxi Province Graphene Joint Laboratory(2019.01-2023.01)
· TheSABIC - CAS Scholarship in 2018
· The Winner of CAS-BHPBMentor Award in 2018
· Highly Cited Researchers 2018 in Cross-Field (Clarivate Analytics)
· The Winner of theEnSM Excellent Reviewer Awardin 2018
· Journal of Materials Chemistry A Emerging Investigators(2018)
· National Natural Science Award(2nd class, Program: Basic Research on Preparation and Application of High-QualityGrapheneMaterials, 2018.01.08)
· Editorial Board ofJournal of Physics: Energy (JPhys Energy)- IOP Publishing(2018.04-)
· Review Expert of National Key R&D Program "Smart Grid Technology and Equipment"(2018.3.23)
· External Reviewer of LE STUDIUM Research Fellowship (The SMART LOIRE VALLEY GENERAL Programme, 2018/03)
· Zhang Dayu Excellent Scholarin DICP (2018-2022)
· Editorial Board Member (Section Editor) of Journal of Energy Chemistry (2018.01-)
· International Advisory Board ofMaterials Research Express (MRX) (2018.01-2020.01)
· Guest Editor of Energy Storage Materials( VSI: 2D Energy Materials, 2017.10-)
· Member of National Technical Committee 279 on Nanotechnology of Standardization Administration of China(2017.05-)
· Member of CIGIUInternational Standardization Technical Committee (2017.5-2019.4)
· Guest Editor ofSpecial Topic on "Graphene and 2D Materials for Energy Storage" for Journal JEC(2017)
· Co-Editor of Special Issue on "Supercapacitors" for Journal CCL (2017)
· Corresponding Expert (Clean Energy) of <Engineering> (Led by CAEPresident: ZHOU JI, Editor-in-Chief）
· Young Editorial Board of《Chinese Chemical Letters》 (1/2017-12/2019)
· DICP 2016 "Youth Excellence Award" (2017)
· IOP Outstanding Reviewer Award 2016(2017)
· Energy Storage Materials_Excellent Reviewer Award 2016 (2017)
· Zhang Dayu Youth Scholarin DICP (2016-2021)
· Member of Technology Committee forInner Mongolia Institute of Graphene Materials(2016-2019)
· Member of Standing Council ofChina Energy Environment Technology Association(2016)
· Member of China Graphene Standardization Committee (CGSC) (2016)
· Member of Standing Council ofNational Materials New Technology Development Research Institute(2016)
· Dalian High-Level Talents (2015)
· First-Class Natural Science Award of LiaoNing Province (2015)
· Excellence in Review Awardfor service to the journal Carbon in 2013/2014 (2015)
· The Distinguished Winner of the Carbon Journal Prize (2013)
· The Prize of Excellent Ph.D. Thesis of CAS (2012)
· The Special Prize of President Scholarship for Postgraduate Students of CAS (2011)
Room 604, Energy Basic Sciences Building,
Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics,Chinese Academy of Sciences,
457 Zhongshan Road,
Dalian 116023, P.R. China