Dr. Wu received his B.S. degree in chemistry and M.S. degree in inorganic chemistry from Liaoning University in 2004 and 2007, respectively, and Ph.D. degree in materials science from Institute of Metal Research (IMR), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in 2011. Then he worked as a postdoctor at Max-Planck Institute for Polymer Research in Germany from 2011 to 2015. Since June 2015, he joined DICP,CAS and became a full Professor, and was appointed group leader of 2D Materials & Energy Devices.
His current scientific interests include graphene, two-dimensional nanomaterials, and advanced nanocarbon based materials for energy and environmental applications. He has published more than 50 research articles (IF>10, 33 papers) in Nat. Commun., Adv. Mater., J. Am. Chem. Soc., ACS Nano, Adv. Funct.Mater., Adv. Energy Mater., Nano Energy, Chem. Mater., Natl Sci. Rev., Energy Storage Mater. etc, which have been cited more than 11800 times with Web of Science (more than 13000 times by Google Scholar), average citations per item is >200 times, H-index=31. 22 papers are currently "Highly Cited Paper". 15 papers have been cited individually cited >300 times, as well as 10 papers with individually cited >500 times. And the highest cited paper has a citation of >1400 times, selected as "Top 10 Highly-Cited Paper in China" over the past ten years (2006-2016). Additionally, he has authored 2 book chapters, 18 CN and EU patents, and presented more than 30 Plenary, Keynote, Invited, and Oral talks.
He has been awarded many prestigious prizes such as the Special Prize of President Scholarship for Postgraduate Students of CAS (2011), the Prize of Excellent Ph.D. Thesis of CAS (2012), Distinguished Winnerof the Carbon Journal Prize 2013, 1000 Plan Program for Young Talents (2014), and Excellence in Review Award for service to the journal Carbon in 2013/2014, First Prize of Natural Science for the Liaoning Provincial Science and Technology Award (2015, Awarded Project: Controlled preparation and application exploration of graphene-based materials), 2015 Best Paper Award in the journal National Science Review, Zhang Dayu Youth Scholar in DICP (2016), Liaoning "BaiQianWan Talents Program" - Qian Talents Level (2016), Excellent Reviewer Award for the journal Energy Storage Materials 2016, and IOP Outstanding Reviewer Award 2016, DICP 2016 Youth Exellence Award, Corresponding Expert of Engineering (Editor-in-Chief: Zhou Ji).
Dr.Wu has been frequently invited as Expert Reviewer or Adjudicative Reviewer for refereeing more than 500 manuscripts from high-profile peer-reviewed scientific journals, including Chem. Soc. Rev., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Adv. Mater., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed, Energy Environ. Sci., Adv. Energy Mater., Energy Storage Mater., Nano Energy, 2D Materials, Sci. Rep., Small, Chem. Mater., Carbon, Chem. Commun., J. Mater. Chem. A, ChemSusChem, Nanoscale, Nano Res., ACS Appl. Mat. Interfaces, J. Phys. Chem., RSC Adv., Electrochem. Acta, New J. Chem., Science Bulletin, Adv. Mater. Interfaces, Mater. Res. Express, Frontiers in Energy, npj 2D Materials and Applications, Adv. Mater. Technology, Applied Energy, J. Energy Chem., and so on.
· Editorial Board of Journal of Energy Chemistry (2017.8.18-)
· Guest Editor of Special Issue on "Graphene and 2D Materials for Energy Storage" for Journal JEC (In Progress, 2017)
· Co-Editor of Special Issue on "Supercapacitors" for Journal CCL (2017)
· Corresponding Expert (Clean Energy) of <Engineering> (Led by CAE President: ZHOU JI, Editor-in-Chief）
· Young Editorial Board of《Chinese Chemical Letters》 (1/2017-12/2019)
· DICP 2016 "Youth Excellence Award" (2017)
· IOP Outstanding Reviewer Award 2016 (2017)
· Energy Storage Materials_Excellent Reviewer Award 2016 (2017)
· Top 10 Highly-Cited Paper in China Over the Past Ten Years (2006-2016)
· Zhang Dayu Youth Scholar in DICP (2016-2021)
· Member of Technology Committee for Inner Mongolia Institute of Graphene Materials (2016-2019)
· Member of Engineering Technology Committee for Guangdong Engineering Technology Research Center of Low-Carbon and Advanced Energy Materials (2016)
· Member of Standing Council of China Energy Environment Technology Association (2016)
· Member of China Graphene Standardization Committee (CGSC) (2016)
· Member of Standing Council of National Materials New Technology Development Research Institute (2016)
· Dalian High-Level Talents (2015)
· First-Class Natural Science Award of LiaoNing Province (2015)
· Thousand Youth Talents Plan of China (2015)
· Excellence in Review Award for service to the journal Carbon in 2013/2014 (2015)
· The Distinguished Winner of the Carbon Journal Prize (2013)
· The Prize of Excellent Ph.D. Thesis of CAS (2012)
· The Special Prize of President Scholarship for Postgraduate Students of CAS (2011)
Room 604, Energy Basic Sciences Building,
Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics,Chinese Academy of Sciences,
457 Zhongshan Road,
Dalian 116023, P.R. China
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0086-(0)411-82463036